Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What to do with the alcove!

SO MANY of the houses we have been in have these little nook in the wall kinda things. I don't think I'm a big fan...but what can you do? Almost EVERY alcove had been filled up with a honkin' armoire or a big 'ole TV was shoved into every last inch of space. It was all kind of depressing. But when I saw this pic, I thought....what a great solution! So if I end up with a house that has this feature....I'll know what to do! (although seriously, what do you put inside a dresser in the living room?)

3 comments:

kat and jason said...

hey--that pic is awesome. how do you attach these great pics ontot he blog?? so...yeah i know what you mean about an alcove. we had one in our master in kc. we put a dresser in it and it worked fine...but it's kinda just a waste of a good wall i think. we have them lot here too. people put tv stands in it. it's kinda nice b/c then it's set in the wall instead of jetting out a few feet. that pic is really pretty though. i love those flowers with that decorative mirror behind it. great colors too!!

thepainterfamily said...

these are pics from my "inspiration" folder...remember how I said I was going to scan all my magazine tear-outs into the computer...I finally started. :)

Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

I hope I'm not intruding--this is Sarah, Tara's roommate from BYU. I just wanted to comment on the dresser in the living room thing. I actually think it could be quite useful for things you might want handy but not displayed. In the dresser in our guest room, I keep wrapping paper and tissue as well as my seasonal wreaths. In a living room, I could also see storing basic office supplies, extra rags for quick clean up .... My sister-in-law has a dresser in her breakfast nook. I'll have to ask her what she keeps in her drawers. :)